State of the art technology Same Day Crowns with Cerec 3DCEREC Dental Restorations
Traditionally, restorations such as crowns are created in an off-site lab. As a result patients must wear a temporary crown and return for a final fitting when the permanent crown has been completed.
Our office is equipped with Cerec, a system which uses Computer Aided Design / Computer Aided Manufacture technology to create beautiful, strong, perfectly fitted restorations.
How does CEREC 3D Work?
To begin, the Dr. Harr prepares the damaged tooth, then paints a thin layer of reflective powder directly on the tooth's surface. Using a special camera, he then takes a picture of the tooth.
There is no need to take a messy, uncomfortable impression to send off to a lab. Dr. Harr has a full 3D view of the restoration as he creates it, viewing, manipulating and verifying all aspects of the restoration design for accuracy and assurance of an ideal fit.
After 3D Imaging, the material block is placed in the milling chamber. Minutes later, milling is complete and the restoration is ready to place.
What Are the Advantages of CEREC 3D?
- Restorations can be performed in a single session, usually in less than two hours
- No need to make an impression and send it to a lab
- No return visits for the patient
- The restoration is natural looking, as it is made out of tooth-colored ceramic material
- Ceramic material is biocompatible, high-grade, anti-abrasive and plaque-resistant
- Metal-free, mercury-free, no dark or silver-colored fillings
- Allows dentist to save more of the healthy tooth
- Extremely precise